Tuesday 28 February 2017

Another video of the Smith Connoisseur - Andante Religioso (Mendelssohn Organ Sonata arrangement)



I found my old Dr Stainer's American organ primer - yes!



Hi folks

I decided to make another recording of the Smith Connoisseur.  I was rifling through some of my old music and came across an arrangement of Mendelssohn's Andante Religioso for single manual.....so here it is.

Click HERE

or here is the YouTube Link   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSImwNbXr1s



Stencilled shades


You can hear the keys rattling, the bellows squeaking, the odd cipher, the coupler cutting in and out - pretty hilarious actually!  Although, I always maintain that a good organist can accept what ever instrument is presented and find a way to get the best out of it.





Enjoy....and keep reeding folks.


Phil

4 comments:

  1. The reply to that query is Pocket Casts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted to thank you for this wonderful read!! I definitely loved every bit of it.
    I've got you saved as a favorite to check out new things you post…

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well you'll be pleased to know that I will be soon resurrecting this blog :-)

      Delete
  3. Your style is so unique compared to other people I've read stuff from.
    Thank you for posting when you've got the opportunity, Guess
    I will just bookmark this page.

    ReplyDelete